Monday, August 24, 2009

Writing

I slowly understand in how much trouble authors have with writing a book somethimes.
I mean..
1. You have to think of a story
2. You need to write it down good and so that it makes fun to read it
3. You need to always think one or two steps ahead otherwise you will have to change a lot of things later
4. You need to research a lot of things like names, places, schools, etc, etc..
5. You have to think about how much tension you have to build up without it seeming too extreme or too boring
6. Think of chapter titles!! omg srsly this is SO hard. You have to put a whole bunch of sites into not very many words!
7. You have to think about if you want the story finished in one book or more, if the second how many books, etc, etc
.... and so it goes on!

I'm right now being into my second chapter.
I have changed a couple of things like "my" age, some of the friends in the first chapter because i need them for the following chapters, then i decided the story to take place in Germany, only half an hour from where I actually live in reality, then I changed the age of the security/guardians age and decided he came from germany rather the us.. etc.. etc
I probably should type it on the computer.. its a lot easier than writing it by hand.. My right arm is aching so much from writing so much.. 36 pages is it long until right now.
I'm researching a LOT of things..
I'm actually also thinking about changing the securitys name since Thomas seems a bit stupid. I want some nice name.. and one with a meaning..
its so complicated! xD

I probably drank a whole litre of coffee today to concentrate me on the story..
My friends were at mine today too so it was quite difficult to write all day long.. *sigh*

Well.. for now I'll go on writing and.. I'll post more later or tomorrow :)

xoxo <3

2 comments:

  1. Hey here at last... ;)
    Writing is quite a personal thing, works different for most of writers, but what you say applies one or the other for almost all.
    Good luck.
    Will be back!
    Fabi

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yea.. writing is personal. but i enjoy it :D its actually the first really long story i started writing and kept writing.
    all i did before was little texts or 5 site-short-stories.
    but now i'm actually into a big thing so ;D
    wait a couple of years and I'll become a famous author hahahaha ;D

    ReplyDelete